What does your bookshelf say about you? Amazon could do good business selling whole shelves of books in a convenient theme packs.
You'd buy based on the perception you wanted to create when people perused your collection. These “lifestyle shelves” could create the image that you are:
- Well-traveled and worldly
- Well-read in the historical and modern classics
- A mans-man (fishing, sailing, cars, military) with a sensitive side (cooking, photography, foreign films)
- An independently-wealthy playboy
- An philosophical introspective zen master
The list could go on and on. Customers could mix-and-match of course.
For a discount, Amazon could ship just the book spines instead of the actual books, because who are you kidding? You're never going to read those things!